According to the labor law of the Republic of Macedonia, Article 150, an employee who voluntarily gives blood has the right to leave work two consecutive days each time he donates blood.
Blood donors who have donated blood more than ten times are exempt from participation in the cost of some health services such as:
- out-patient health care
- laboratory examinations and analyzes
- X-ray examinations, ultrasound screening, examination with scanner and magnetic resonance
- specialist medical examination
- hospital and rehabilitation (as of the 30th day, including hospital food)
- the treatment of diseases of mouth and teeth
Additionally, every blood donor who donated blood 5, 10, 25, 50 or more times is provided with recognitions, accolades, appreciation and appropriate features.